Saturday, November 12, 2011

Canyon at Black Gap


Oil on panel, 8"x10"

This scene is from Black Gap Wildlife Management area just east of Big Bend National Park.

After being out of work since February I just started a new job this last Monday. For sure a double edge sword. I needed to work but my daily commute has been about 1.5 hours each way leaving me little time to paint during the week. With the shorter days and the sun going down so early, I find it difficult to acclimate to painting at night. Hopefully I can adjust and get more painting in.

3 comments:

Suzanne H said...

Wow, this is beautiful, David! Best of luck with the new job, but I hate it that it cuts down on your painting time. Some things are necessary evils, for sure!

A. Lea said...

Very nice work. I like the shadows and sunlight.

Karen Werner said...

This is so beautiful, David. Love the clear light and shadow. I want to be there. I hope you continue finding time to paint. If you can solve lighting problems, painting at night is great. Best of luck in your new job.