Friday, September 27, 2013

River from the Bridge in Rain (Plein Air in Dubois, Wyoming)


Plein Air Oil on panel, 11"x14"

While attending the Susan Kathleen Black Foundation workshop in Dubois from September 15th -21st they provided a mentoring program for students of Dubois. I volunteered and was assigned a young man named Conner (seen in the photo below). We worked side by side as I instructed him through the process of attempting to complete a difficult river scene in rain, cold, and occasional sunny conditions. The elements made for a very difficult morning of painting but possibly the process of guiding Conner through his painting had me concentrating on what I know and I created what might be my best painting while there.  


Conner, a student in Dubois, Wyoming painting alongside my easel with my painting in progress.


The initial setup of River from the Bridge in Rain.

No comments: