Monday, March 3, 2014

Road through the Blue (in progress_3)

Oil on Belgian Linen panel, 12"x16"

After repainting the large mass of trees on the right a couple of times it finally dawned on me that I didn't like how large and dominating that mass was so I painted sky over much of it and started that section over once again. I am getting closer to what I was wanting but will have to repaint the sky again, the trees I covered were so dark I couldn't get them to totally disappear as my paint was to transparent to cover them. I will no doubt add more cloud detail to that area of the sky as well. I also have pushed the hills back further in the distance but now feel I may have gone to far so I may bring them forward a little. One additional note, I made the road disappear as it moves into the picture allowing the viewer to decide where it goes. That one single adjustment adds mystery to this piece.

No comments: