Saturday, January 31, 2009

"I Think of You"


Oil on panel, 8"x6"
Another approach to roses, this time with more detail to one rose and very loose and impressionistic handling of all subordinate objects in the painting. These are challenging paintings for me to pull off quickly but they make me think before I paint. If I don't have a good plan before I start the results are very obvious and less than appealing. I think it's just a coincidence that I started doing these right before Valentines Day, however it might be the marketing side of me peaking through the creative side. The title just came to me because we often times think of roses as a gift for or from someone you love and just seeing them can make you think of that special person in your life. if you are so lucky as to have one.

No comments: